Sunday, December 13, 2009

Small personal changes

For those looking for the weekly tech talk it is running a little late again this week, for a unique reason (for this site). Last Thursday I taught the last lecture in the last formal class that I will teach before retiring. (The Heading Out moniker was chosen as a recognition of what was then a coming change).

This blog will continue, and might now have a little more regular attention, since after meandering through the usual thickets of the end of a semester - with a couple of additions that I had not totally expected - I will return here after the break with only a couple of research projects that I will continue to work on, though passing the primary responsibility for them to colleagues. (The joy of not having to spend hours a month on budget matters !!!) And then sometime next semester I will actually retire from that form of work.

But in the short term there may be a little more irregularity than usual, and I ask your indulgence as I work through this. Back tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your impending retirement from teaching, though I suspect it will leave you far from idle and still with this large web constituency to educate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing that I suspect almost every teacher dislikes is grading. That will be the one chore that, hopefully after this week (my last final is tomorrow), I can put behind me. It is what makes writing the tech talks that much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete